Saturday 15 January 2011

Creative does not have to mean perfect

Despite coming from a very creative family I have never considered myself as a 'creative'.  I thought 'creative' meant making beautiful, perfect items with lines straight and neat. As I have experimented with sewing, quilting, card making and homemade cookery, things that I enjoy doing, I have discovered that 'creative' does not have to be perfect.  And that all this 'making' and 'crafting', despite the rough edges, unstraight stitching and borderline scruffy icing is actually creative.  I have found this to be so freeing.  And I actually love the fact that my creations are not perfect - because its me and of course I am not perfect.  I think once you realise this you end up creating much more beautiful items because they come from your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment